Monday, May 10, 2010

Departure! Up...up...and away!

We're off!!



10amAEST - Saturday May 8th 2010

As I type this, we're on a big fancy jet plane at 33004ft.

Thanks to all the friends, family and Rotarians who came to see us off at the airpost at the crack of dawn!

David was the last to arrive at the airport, so we were worried that Karalyn might have finally gotten her hands on him, but he arrived safe and sound with no "suspicious accidents"!



Can you BELIEVE that after all my panic about packing, my 2 bags came in at 14kg and 7kg! Thats 11kg's under the allowed luggage limit! Dodgy bathroom scales I tell you, however it gives me great joy to thinks that perhaps I myself weigh 11kg's less than I think I do...!



Unfortunately the team are seated scattered all over the plane, so thus far it's a pretty subdued trip. At least we're all on our best behaviour!

I'm wedged between a large American man and a large Asian man. They're wearing matching outfits but they dont know each other. Hmmmmm.... and my in-flight TV doesnt work, so I've got 13 hours to make my own amusement. I tried to make friends with the American and the Asian, but they're just not very talkative. :-(

Next stop...Los Angeles!!

1:30pmAEST Saturday 8/5/2010

I just looked at the in-flight map, and we're currently passing above Samoa.

I tried again to make converstaion with the American man to my left, but he's cranky because he just spilled his beer on his pants, and now has to sit here for 8 more hours in wet pants! I tried not to giggle, I swear, but c'mon that's pretty funny! What's even funnier is that the plane has run out of Heineken, so he can't ven replace his beer!

9:55pmAEST Saturday 8/5/2010

We're 45mins out of Los Angeles now. I cant wait. Having been unable to make friends with my American and Asian travel-buddies I have sat still and silently for nearly 13 hours!!!

1:02amAEST - Sunday 9/5/2010

It's 8am local time, and we've just boarded out connecting flight from LA to NYC. It was a sooth change over in LA, althoughvthey went right through David's luggage so he obviously looked dodgy!



6:17amAEST Sunday 9/5/2010
It's something like 4:30pm local time (Ive lost track!!) and we've just landed in NEW YORK!!!!! Im exhausted, I havent seen a bed in 26 hours, and am not likely to get any sleep soon!

More posts shortly when the New York Adventure actually begins!!

Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment